[meta-intel] meta-intel.inc: Update INTRD to INITRD_LIVE

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Mar 30 01:45:20 PDT 2016

Hello Saul!

I noticed that you changed meta-intel.inc from extending INITRD to
INITRD_LIVE:

meta-intel rev: cdbf029110327a51c0

    This address a boot issue based on using the new bootimg code that
    makes a distiction between Live and VM type of image so they can
    co-exisit.

 # for the early boot time kernel microcode loading support,
 # merge the microcode data in the final initrd image.
-INITRD_prepend = "${@bb.utils.contains('MACHINE_FEATURES', 'intel-ucode', '${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/microcode.cpio ', '', d)}"
+INITRD_LIVE_prepend = "${@bb.utils.contains('MACHINE_FEATURES', 'intel-ucode', '${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/microcode.cpio ', '', d)}"

In Ostro OS, we are not using bootimg. Our own code still uses INITRD,
which means that we no longer including the microcode.cpio in our
initramfs.

Is that intentional? In other words, which kinds of images are supposed
to use the microcode and which are not?

Shouldn't meta-intel.inc better extend both INITRD and INITRD_LIVE?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.