[meta-intel] Skylake SMB support

Saul Wold saul.wold at intel.com
Thu Feb 4 06:50:52 PST 2016

On Tue, 2016-02-02 at 12:53 +0000, Reynolds, Stephen (Abaco Systems,
Non-GE) wrote:
> Hi
>
> Could anyone please tell me if the Skylake SMB interface at function
> 0 1f 4 is supported in the Jethro branch? The bus is not showing up
> with i2cdetect.
>
> I understand this may have moved from being 0 1f 3 on previous
> devices?

I will be honest, I am not sure what you are referring to with the
function being moved from 0 1f 3 to 0 1f 4.

While SMB is supported in the HW, The Saddle Brook (Skylake) BSP which
is part of the meta-intel and based on the 4.1 kernel does not have
full support.  As described in the Release notes for the Skylake BSP (h
ttps://www.yoctoproject.org/downloads/bsps/jethro20/saddle-brook-
skylake)

> Important Note:
> ----------------------
> This Saddle Brook BSP (kernel v4.1) only provides basic I/Os and
> graphic support, mainly for user early software integration.
> More features will be enabled in kernel v4.3 or above. Please migrate
> to Yocto project v2.1 (kernel v4.3 or above) when it is made
> available in Q2'16.

We in fact will be using the 4.4 kernel for the 2.1 release. The 4.4
kernel supports Lewisburg (PCH), which is the Skylake's Platform
Controller Hub. The detailed datasheet is available here: http://www.in
tel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/7-series-
chipset-pch-datasheet.pdf

It was also suggested there might be a conflict with the ACPI memory
region and that you check the BIOS settings for the ACPI memory region.

Hope this is helpful information

Sau!