[meta-intel] [meta-intel-iot-middleware] confusion about multiple repos urls

Andrea Galbusera gizero at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 01:25:33 PST 2016

Hi,

I'm in the process of updating a project that used to depend on
meta-intel-iot-middleware for a couple of recipes (more specifically
hiredis, mosquitto and paho-mqtt). At the moment, I'm trying to build them
with recent master branches from Yocto project and other dependencies. This
raised a few issues I'm crafting patches for. In the meanwhile I noticed
that at least one of these problems where already supposed to have a
solution as discussed in [1]. Unfortunately, this patch was never merged
into any branch on git.yoctoproject.org/meta-intel-iot-middleware repo.
Than I noticed git://github.com/ostroproject/meta-intel-iot-middleware
exists with a somewhat more up-to-date version of the same metadata (i.e.
the above mentioned patch has been merged there).

Could anyone clarify what is the relationship between the two mentioned
repos? If ostroproject/meta-intel-iot-middleware is supposed to replace the
one on git.yoctoproject.org at least for new projects, shouldn't be good to
let the community be aware of that? I couldn't find any mention either on
this list or in any of the above repo's READMEs.

One more bit... Any plan to start following the Yocto branching strategy to
support different released version of the tools? IMHO it would help keeping
master more in sync with the upstream while reducing the risk to break
things on maintenance branches...

[1] https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-intel/2016-
October/004370.html