[meta-intel] Atom-E3845: Grub auto start ?

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 07:17:14 PDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 9:20 PM, Prasant J <pj0585 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 8:30 PM, Saul Wold <sgw at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
>> On 09/18/2015 02:57 AM, Prasant J wrote:

>>> Thanks Saul for the response. I tried your suggestion but does not work.
>>>

>>> The strange thing is I tried changing the menu entry name  from "Linux"
>>> "Linux test" even that does not change.
>>> Grub seems to be doing some black magic which I cannot get hold of.
>>>

>>> Any more suggestions. I'm kind of stuck.
>>>
>>> Where did you make the changes, to which file exactly?  Was it on the
>> harddrive your booting from or USB stick your installing from?
>>
>> For me modifying the /boot/grub/grub.cfg file worked just fine and
>> changed the behavior.
>>
>> Sau!
>>

> I tried both the options.
> a) I changed on the SD Card (I boot from an SD Card) - no effect
> b) I changed the install.sh script in initrd - no effect
>
> Any of the above did not work.
>

> One more information: I have changed the first partition (on which GRUB
> resides) from ext3 to FAT32 partition. I made this change in the install.sh
> script. Would it have any impact? Would GRUB behave differently when run
> from FAT32 partition?

I have posted this on another thread, but just for closing the thread I
will paste my response here:

Saul, I found the issue.
There was an old installation on the eMMC flash (another storage) and the
BIOS boot preferences had changed, so the GRUB and kernel were used from
the eMMC instead of SD Card. Back to school for me.

Interestingly the root file system was being used from SD Card and not the
eMMC (that is what misled me all the time). I have to check why root file
system from SD Card was used. That may be a problem with my setup.

Anyway thanks a ton for your responses!

Regards, Pj