[meta-intel] Atom-E3845: Grub auto start ?

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 06:05:45 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm using Intel Atom E3845 based hardware board for my embedded product and
I'm using valleyisland-32 image.

I want grub to auto start and not wait for user input.

So, I manually added (appended) the following lines:
GRUB_DEFAULT=0 (for the first menu entry, there is only one entry)
GRUB_TIMEOUT=0
to /grub/grub.cfg file
but it does not seem to work.

I tried another method: I modified the file /install.sh in initrd to add
the lines during installation step. Even then it does not seem to take any
effect.

Grub always waits for user input. Can anyone point out what I may be doing
wrong?

Any inputs will be of help!

Regards, Pj