[meta-intel] meta-romley BSP layer retirement communication

Ong, Boon Leong boon.leong.ong at intel.com
Thu Sep 3 23:07:57 PDT 2015

Dear mailing-list,

We are planning to retire meta-romley BSP layer from meta-intel master branch which is targeting YP2.0.
This is in support of BSP consolidation of all intel platforms to intel common machine  - intel-corei7-64 and intel-core2-32 starting from YP2.0.

For romley platform, the meta-romley BSP layer that has been validated with Linux kernel v3.14 and will continue to be maintained in YPv1.8.
If you have concern on this proposal, please tell us. If we have not heard any response from mailing-list, we will delete meta-romley BSP from
YP2.0 meta-intel branch starting from 11/9/2015 onwards

Thank you very much
Ong Boon Leong
Intel Corporation