[meta-intel] Yocto 1.7 dizzy - crownbay-noemgd X11 no screen found in core-image-sato

Wenholz, Brian (GE Healthcare) Brian.Wenholz at med.ge.com
Fri Oct 23 06:21:22 PDT 2015

Saul,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am using the Crownbay BSP. I have checked the currently loaded modules and the built-in modules. I do not see the gma500 driver loaded. I do see the i915 driver in the module.builtin and in /sys/module.

I do not see the vesafb driver in the loaded or built-in modules. I loaded uvesafb.ko and tried to start X again. This time the uvesafb driver failed because the /sbin/v86d helper utility is not present. I will have to track down that issue on my side.

My scrub of the internet indicated the i915 was the correct driver, and it is loaded. Did my scrub lead me down the wrong path, or is there a configuration I am missing?

Brian