[meta-intel] Intel Atom E3845: Backlight control

Chang, Rebecca Swee Fun rebecca.swee.fun.chang at intel.com
Wed Nov 25 16:40:51 PST 2015

Hi Vincent/ Azril,

Can you help to provide advice to Pj?
Thanks.

Regards,
Rebecca

From: meta-intel-bounces at yoctoproject.org [mailto:meta-intel-bounces at yoctoproject.org] On Behalf Of Prasant J
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:46 PM
To: meta-intel at yoctoproject.org
Subject: [meta-intel] Intel Atom E3845: Backlight control

Hi,
I'm using Intel Atom E3845 with my custom hardware. I have an LVDS display and I would like to control the brightness from the linux shell.
I used the command:
xrandr --output DP2 --brightness <val>
This command (I think) changes the gamma factor of the display but the actual back light intensity is not changed.

I tried changing the value of:
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness
but still no change in the back light intensity.

Any inputs on how can I control the back light intensity of my LVDS display?

Regards, Pj