[meta-intel] The relationship between mesa and libva

Tobias Olausson tobias.olausson at pelagicore.com
Mon Nov 16 04:33:04 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm a bit puzzled by how mesa and libva relates to each other. When
compiling mesa, the configure step checks for libva:

Package libva was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libva.pc'
No package 'libva' found

This in itself is not surprising, since the libva recipe has a DEPENDS on
virtual/mesa. But then how will one be able to get support for libva in
mesa with such a dependency? It feels like I'm missing something totally
obvious here. Should one rebuild mesa after building libva?

I'm working on the fido branches of both poky and meta-intel.

--
Tobias Olausson
M.Sc

PELAGICORE | Experience Change
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile: +46(0)735-873444
E-Mail: tobias.olausson at pelagicore.com
IRC: wto @ FreeNode