[meta-intel] Current YP kernel dev manual refers to fri2 and (obsolete?) fri2-noemgd

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Fri Mar 13 15:14:20 PDT 2015

>   perusing current YP kernel dev manual, and section 3.2 uses the
> example of fri2 and fri2-noemgd using the same KMACHINE value of
> "fri2", but as i read it in the meta-fri2/README file:
>
> "The meta-fri2 layer contains support for fri2-noemgd machine
> configuration. The previously supported fri2 machine with the
> proprietary EMGD graphics driver has been retired. The 'fri2-noemgd'
> machine configuration uses the open source 'vesa' kernel driver."
>
>   etc, etc.
>
>   so i'm not sure if something here needs to be updated, perhaps the
> manual?

Thanks Robert. You are correct, the manual should be updated to use
another BSP. It should probably use something other than a meta-intel
BSP as well. FRI2 was a good example as it used several features we
wanted to call out... but not so much any more. The example is still
valid, but it doesn't have a real-world parallel, which I suppose is a
problem.

Cc Scott for however he would prefer to track this.

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center