[meta-intel] [met-intel-quark] Enable stack-protector defense support for SPI image

Brendan Le Foll brendan.le.foll at intel.com
Mon Jul 6 09:27:54 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 10:30:09AM +0000, Ramajayam, Yugeraj wrote:
>    Hi all,
>

>    I would like to turn on the stack-protector defense feature for my SPI
>    image build.
>
>    I tried to enable the SSP related configs by referring to
>    [1]http://git.uclibc.org/uClibc/plain/extra/Configs/Config.in in
>    meta/recipe-core/uclibc/uclibc-git/uClibc.distro.
>
>    Somehow those configs that I enabled was not passed into the final
>    build output.
>
>    I hope someone can suggest some idea regarding this issue. Thanks in
>    advance.

I had a quick go with meta-intel-quark and it worked as expected, I
modified the config by using:

$ bitbake -c menuconfig uclibc

Grabed the config file from
build/tmp-spi/work/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/uclibc/0.9.33+gitAUTOINC+48a0006012-r9/git/.config
and then rebuilt uclibc with that config file. My guess is that you
manually modified the config file instead of using menuconfig so it
reverted you to the default as there where conflicting options?

Cheers,
Brendan