[meta-intel] pkgconfig issue with gstreamer-vaapi-1.0_0.5.8

Stuart Weaver Stuart.Weaver at datapath.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 07:49:34 PST 2015

Hi,

I've been using gstreamer-vaapi-1.0_0.5.8.bb well, but then created a new .bb to move to gstreamer-vaapi-1.0_0.5.9.bb and since needed to include gstreamer-vaapi-1.0 at compile time.

I've now tried to go back to using 0.5.8 but keep hitting the following:

Package gstreamer-vaapi-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-vaapi-1.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'gstreamer-vaapi-1.0' found

Looking into the workdir for the different versions I've found that in 0.5.8-r0/sysroot-destdir/usr/lib/pkgconfig the .pc files are there but end with 1.4.pc
Comparing the log files, 0.5.9 seems to have extra debug messages along the lines of:

DEBUG: Removing manifest: /${WORKDIR}/..../*1.4.pc

Within do_populate_sysroot_setscene. This task does not exist in the log files for 0.5.8. I've searched about and can't seem to find anyone else with this issue, let me know if it's already resolved or not!

Regards,
Stuart Weaver