[meta-intel] Getting Edison BSP added to meta-intel

Chris McClimans chris at hippiehacker.org
Tue Jan 20 09:33:21 PST 2015

# Cross posted to meta-intel, linux-yocto and
https://communities.intel.com/thread/59406

The yocto project provides a great framework for supporting BSP
development (irc, mailing lists, git), and we should engage those
resources for the Edison!

It would be nice to see lively Edison discussions between the
community and Intel on irc, the meta-intel(BSP) and
linux-yocto(Kernel) mailing list.

How does the Intel BSP group feel about pushing commits to
refs/branches for the ongoing development for the Edison Kernel
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-3.10/refs/ as
well as the Edison BSP
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-intel/refs/ between
releases?

Publishing the changes upstream upon release seem to be part of the
yocto-linux culture, and I'd love to see us adopt that within the
Edison community.