[meta-intel] [meta-intel-iot-devkit] - enabling SSP in uclibc

Rees, Kevron kevron.m.rees at intel.com
Tue Dec 15 11:10:18 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm encountering some linker errors while compiling uclibc:

brk.c:27: undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
brk.c:49: undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
libc/Makefile.in:62: recipe for target 'lib/libc.so' failed

These look like errors related to ssp.  Looking at my uclibc config,
it looks like ssp is not enabled:

$ grep SSP [snip]/lib32-uclibc/0.9.33+gitAUTOINC+ca1c74d67d-r9/git/.config
# UCLIBC_HAS_SSP is not set

I found a mailing list discussion from July that had some hints[1] on
how to enable it.  However, after adding "ssp" to my local.conf
DISTRO_FEATURES, uclibc's config still does not have the SSP option
enabled.

Is there something I'm missing for uclibc to understand the
DISTRO_FEATURE addition?

[1] - https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-intel/2015-July/003324.html

Kevron