[meta-intel] Do we still need GST_API_VERSION inside gstreamer-vaapi-xxx.bb recipes?

Lim, Siew Hoon siew.hoon.lim at intel.com
Tue Aug 11 05:29:57 PDT 2015

Hi Ross,

Why we need to add GST_API_VERSION?  Do we really still need it?

Gstreamer-vaapi already include those GST_API_VERSION checking in configuration.ac which gstreamer framework version support.
And --with-gstreamer-api option also didn't exist in gstreamer-vaapi.

Will get this kind of warning message:
WARNING: QA Issue: gstreamer-vaapi-1.0: configure was passed unrecognised options: --with-gstreamer-api [unknown-configure-option]

Can we do a cleanup for it?
1. Remove out --with-gstreamer-api=${GST_API_VERSION} inside the gstreamer-vaapi.inc?
2. Remove out the GST_API_VERSION from gstreamer-vaapi recipes?

Thanks.
.....siewhoon