[meta-intel] How to support the NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE?

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Thu Apr 2 09:11:34 PDT 2015

From:  Yong Li <sdliyong at gmail.com>
Date:  Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 6:46 AM
To:  Darren Hart <dvhart at linux.intel.com>
Cc:  <meta-intel at yoctoproject.org>
Subject:  Re: [meta-intel] How to support the NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE?

>ge are you building?
>

>I am using the intel-corei7-64.

That is the machine/bsp, not the image. Which bitbake image (target) did
you build? Core-image-minimal? Core-image-sato? Something else?

>The kernel repots panic on the last step "cannot open root device
>"(null)", since the kernel commad is incorrect.

This is the most common Linux boot error people run into.

Prior to that some information is displayed about which devices the kernel
did find, and which one it was trying to open.

I've asked for full details and logs about four times. If you would
provide *all* the information instead of me fishing for it, we would
arrive at a solution much more quickly. [1], but specifically [2]

The first few lines of boot will display the kernel command line it is
using.

The last few lines up to the panic will list which block devices the
kernel did find.

1. http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
2. http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise

--