[meta-intel] State of GPU/QuickSync support without X11 on yocto

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Oct 17 04:18:17 PDT 2014

On 17 October 2014 12:04, Volker Vogelhuber
<v.vogelhuber at digitalendoscopy.de> wrote:
> So the open source driver fully supports quick sync and opengl in hardware
> as well?
> If yes I guess using gstreamer and mesa packages, right?

I'm heading into guesswork here...  Intel QuickSync is basically
hardware-assisted video encode/decode, and this is exposed on Intel HW
in "traditional" Linux through libva, which GStreamer can use.  So
yes, vaapi-intel-drivers - libva - gstreamer-vaapi should work fine,
and is in meta-intel.

For GL, yes the stock kernel and Mesa will work.

Ross