[meta-intel] [poky] Poky and meta-intel window manager

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Nov 4 02:21:36 PST 2014

On 4 November 2014 09:50, Anuj Mittal <am.devel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to build core-image-sato-sdk with meta-intel for Intel
> valleyview.
>
> Is there a way I can have a different interface than sato? I've an
> application that displays in tiles which, it looks like, won't work with
> the sato & matchbox available in poky.

Matchbox is just a window manager that makes all windows maximised.  If you
mean that your application displays multiple windows alongside each other
as tiles then yes, that won't work (and to be honest, won't work in any
window manager that ignores application-specified window locations).  If
your application is just a single window then it will work fine.

meta-xfce contains the XFCE desktop environment which is more traditional
("like Windows 95") and may suit your needs.

Ross