[meta-intel] emgd.ko missing after 'bitbake linux-yocto -c cleanall' and rebuild

Chad Bishop Chad.Bishop at ravenind.com
Thu May 1 05:28:08 PDT 2014

Hello meta-intel team,

We have been using 10.0.1 for some time and were having great success, targeting crownbay hardware from Kontron, until recently.

We had setup a shared download repository for our build processes.  It was also shared between our two core developers.

One of them (me) did a 'bitbake linux-yocto -c cleanall' in a private build directory and was ignorant of the fact that this would purge an archive from the download directory shared with our build server / job.  The enablement of mfd_core in the next kernel build on our server caused a purge of the cached kernel RPM packages that had been untouched for five weeks.

I was also ignorant that the SRC_URI in the recipe was being translated to a http URL and an archive was being downloaded from a webserver, as opposed to git actually being used to retrieve the kernel code.

The last piece of the puzzle seems to be that a new zip file was posted on 04/10/2014 which is different than the file we had cached previously.  I understand now, that this archive contains the git entire git repo.

The end result is that emgd.ko is no longer being built for our main build process.  We have struggled to correct the situation.  Creating a clean build, with a new download cache, doesn't rectify the situation.

I have posted to this list looking for insight because of the conversation found here :

https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-yocto%40yoctoproject.org/msg01509.html

The symptoms described, no application / miss-application of drm-emgd-1.18.scc, is common between us.

Thank you for your time,
Chad
This message and attachment(s) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on any content of this message by anyone other than the addressee is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.