[meta-intel] New valleyisland support

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Wed Mar 12 08:01:17 PDT 2014

Hi Teemu,

Can you explain how you arrived at using the dvhart/bsp-ng branch? This is
a development/testing branch, certainly not something meant for
productization use. We're merging bits of bsp-ng into master as it's
tested, verified, and fixed up.

Valleyisland support specifically is available in Dylan under
meta-isg/meta-valleyisland. Rebecca and her team are working on adding it
to Dora with a 3.10 kernel I believe, but I'll leave it to her to comment
on that.

If you are just looking for Baytrail SoC support (not specifically
valleyisland) then that is now available in meta-intel/master using the
intel-corei7-64 BSP. This is a new approach to Intel BSPs which supports
multiple boards/CPUs with a single BSP.

As to linux-yocto-rt, we have not removed support for it. If you are
referring to the removal of the linux-yocto-rt*bbappend files in
dvhart/bsp-ng, that is done in favor of a new mechanism called the
intel-common kernel, which uses a single kernel build across multiple
BSPs, removing the need for the bbappend in each BSP layer - you'll note
it is still present under common/recipes-kernel/linux.

If you can provide some more context about what you are trying to do, we
should be able to help make sure you are working with the right sources,
and prioritize any development to fill any gaps.

Thanks,

Darren