[meta-intel] Getting libva working on Ubuntu with EMGD

Thomas Pietrowski thopiekar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 03:04:38 PST 2014

Hello,

I'm working on getting EMGD working on Ubuntu. I already managed packaging
Mesa 7.9 and Xserver 1.9 to replace and downgrade the newer packages by
Ubuntu. Everything works great so far depending which binaries I use. But
one thing I still didn't get working is VAAPI. After a Xserver start I can
play one h264 test video. After that mplayer gets killed and then it just
draws a green layer and audio is lagging. Rerunning mplayer gives the same
behavior as it gets killed and so on. Used binaries for that are the
Tizen1.0 binaries. Don't know if it is depending on that but using these
binaries also OpenGL ES doesn't work well as glmark2-es for example throws
segmentation fauls and then after reexecuting it a serval times it works.

For both I also made a video. So if you like I can upload them.

Regards,
Thomas-Karl Pietrowski