[meta-intel] VAAPI Issues

Stuart Weaver Stuart.Weaver at datapath.co.uk
Wed Jun 18 01:32:40 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the VAAPI packages with Gstreamer in meta-intel. I'm using Daisy version of yocto and git cloned the daisy branch of meta-intel.

When building a system using gstreamer-0.10, I test a decode pipeline going from filesrc to fakesink using the VAAPI elements, however when I tee after the demux to create multiple decode streams, I find 3 or greater streams creates problems. More specifically for 3 and 4 streams after approx. 30s I get:

EITHER...
 i965_drv_video.c: i965_DestroyBuffer: Assertion 'obj_buffer' failed
OR...
Caught SIGSEGV accessing address 0x2C

5 streams or greater the pipeline only runs for a few seconds before receiving an EOS from pipeline. This seems to be based on the amount of decodes running (i.e. greater the no. of decodes, the less time before an EOS is received).

I've also tried building a system using gstreamer-1.0 but get the following:

| configure: exit 1
| ERROR: oe_runconf failed
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/soky-linux/gstreamer-vaapi-1.0/0.5.6-r0/temp/log.do_configure.23435)
 i965_drv_video.c: i965_DestroyBuffer: Assertion 'obj_buffer' failedERROR: Task 493 (/home/stuartw/Yocto-Daisy3/poky/meta-intel/common/rec6.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'

Does anyone know about these issues already and is there a solution that anyone can suggest for any of these problems?

Best Regards,
Stuart