[meta-intel] Issues in meta-minnow

Leah leah at wolfssl.com
Wed Jun 4 10:39:51 PDT 2014

I may be wrong, but I have found a few issues in the meta-minnow READ-ME.

   1. There is no information on getting meta-minnow (I had to search for
   it to find the git clone address)
   2. The document has you edit the bblayers.conf file before actually
   creating a build file. I could not access bblayers.conf until I did:
   source oe-init-build-env.
   3. It might be helpful to restate where to insert these two lines:

   BBLAYERS += "/path/to/meta-intel"
   BBLAYERS += "/path/to/meta-minnow"

   They actually go in this portion of the bblayers.conf file:
   BBLAYERS ?= " \
        /home/leah/poky/meta \
       /home/leah/poky/meta-yocto \
       /home/leah/poky/meta-yocto-bsp \
       "
   4. core-image-sato requires 50Gb of extra space and takes quite some
   time to install - I thought this would be helpful for others to know prior
   to building. I found this out in the quick start guide on Yocto Project,
   but some people may not use that document for reference.

I may be going about this the wrong way, but I thought this information
might help someone else trying to use the Yocto Project on the Minnowboard.

Thanks,

Leah