[meta-intel] [Patch v3 0/7] enable microcode loading support for meta-intel BSPs

Hart, Darren darren.hart at intel.com
Fri Jul 18 15:51:23 PDT 2014

OK, so after some testing, I realized that this requires all builds of
meta-intel BSP images to set the license_intel-microcode in the license
flags. I don't feel there is a need to make this absolutely required. One
should be able to get the microcode support into the build by adding the
license flag, but should still be able to build the images as they had
previously without it.

The license flags are there in part to allow people to choose which
licenses they accept. I don't feel this license should be required to be
accepted in order to build images for Intel hardware.

We need to look into how to make this a RECOMMENDS instead of a DEPENDS.

Thanks,

Darren

--
Darren Hart					Open Source Technology Center
darren.hart at intel.com				            Intel Corporation