[meta-intel] [Patch v2 5/7] image-ucode.bbclass: a new bbclass for initramfs images

Kamble, Nitin A nitin.a.kamble at intel.com
Mon Jul 14 09:52:07 PDT 2014

On 7/14/2014 8:59 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 11 July 2014 19:59,  <nitin.a.kamble at intel.com> wrote:
>> This provides extensions to the image_types and image-live classes to enable
>> the initramfs recipes with early microcode support.
> Can the commit - and a comment in the class - explain what this is
> for.  It took me a minute to understand that it's taking whatever the
> input is and appending the EARLY_UCODE_CPIO file to it.
This code was sent mainly for review. As I mentioned in the pull request
header email, this
commit should go in oecore layer. This code becomes very obvious to
understand once it
goes in the image_types.bbclass file in oecore.

Any recommendation on whether this code should go in
meta/classes/image_types.bbclass or
a separate meta/classes/image_types_ucode.bbclass file, or keep it like
this in meta-intel layer?

>> +COMPRESS_DEPENDS_gz.ucode = "${COMPRESS_DEPENDS_gz}"
> Missing dependency on the package that generates the microcode file.
This dependency requirement is satisfied with a line from the
meta_intel.inc file. That
avoids dependency on the meta-intel layer recipe in the oecore layer.

Nitin