[meta-intel] Next Gen Intel BSPs (GMA600 on TunnelCreek)

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Tue Feb 25 06:26:52 PST 2014

On 02/25/2014 03:20 PM, Hart, Darren wrote:
> Scott, question for you below...

<snip>

>>> CONFIG_GMA600,
>>>
>>> Oh... Hrm... We should actually be able to use that driver now on the
>>> Tunnel Creek systems as of 3.10-LTSI and 3.13+. Scott Garman tested it
>>> on
>>> the MinnowBoard, I haven't done so myself unfortunately. Do we specify
>>> another driver in the xorg.conf or something that is causing some
>>> confusion about which driver to use?
>>>

>> No, there's no special xorg.conf for crownbay-noemgd...
>
> Scott, did you have to do something special to get the gma600 driver
> working on the MinnowBoard? Did it require you to write an xorg.conf?

Yes, you need to include the xf86-modesetting driver and set the
following in your xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
         Identifier      "gma500"
         Driver                "modesetting"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
         Identifier      "gma500 Screen"
         Device          "gma500"
EndSection

I think that should be all you need. Let me know if you run into
problems with that.

Scott

--
Scott Garman