[meta-intel] Next Gen Intel BSPs

Hart, Darren darren.hart at intel.com
Fri Feb 21 01:16:53 PST 2014

On 2/20/14, 18:56, "Zanussi, Tom" <tom.zanussi at intel.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 2014-02-11 at 18:18 -0600, Hart, Darren wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I have just pushed the next-gen Intel BSP changes following the meta
>> commits to linux-yocto-dev and linux-yocto-3.10.
>>
>> Changes include:
>>
>> 1) New common BSPs:
>> intel-core2-32:  Support core2 and old atom (pre-baytrail) CPUs
>> intel-corei7-64: Support Nehalem and Baytrail and newer core/xeon/atom
>>CPUs
>>
>> [ ] Beth: Can you please add these two BSPs to meta-intel-nightly?
>>
>> 2) New INTEL_COMMON_PACKAGE_ARCH
>> This is set to ${TUNE_PKGARCH}-intel-common and applies to any BSP
>> including intel-common-pkgarch.inc. This demotes the linux-yocto and
>> linux-yocto-dev recipes to a PACKAGE_ARCH less specific than
>>MACHINE_ARCH
>> (the default for linux-yocto*). For machines that include the
>> intel-common-pkgarch.inc and delete their linux-yocto*bbappend Files,
>>they
>> will reuse the intel-common linux-yocto* package. This is either the
>> intel-core2-32-intel-common or the intel-corei7-64-intel-common kernel,
>> the same one used for the two new BSPs.
>>
>> Using the new intel-common PACKAGE_ARCH is an opt-in mechanism.
>>Currently
>> only the two new BSPs are using it, although the linux-yocto meta-data
>>is
>> already building in support for all the non-emgd meta-intel BSPs.
>>
>> Next step is to add the inclusion of the intel-common-pkgarch.inc to
>>every
>> BSP and delete the linux-yocto machine-specific bbappend and
>> build/boot/verify each BSP. Such a patch series exists here:
>>

>>http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-intel-contrib/log/?h=dvhar
>>t/
>> bsp-ng
>>

>Just FYI...
>
>crownbay-noemgd from bsp-ng boots but X doesn't start (last good boot or
>normal non-bsp-ng bSP was 2/12 so it's either this patchset or something
>in master since then, will look into it...):

Thanks Tom,

I discovered tonight that I botched the PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS variable in
intel-common-pkgarch. I omitted the trailing S, causing the kernel-modules
package to not be found and not be installed. I've pushed the fix to
meta-intel/master, and updated the dvhart/bsp-ng branch on top of it and
pushed that out to contrib. Probably worth trying with that now. Sorry
about that :-/

--
Darren

--