[meta-intel] Valleyisland boot "gets stuck"

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Mon Dec 1 00:21:16 PST 2014

Hi Rebecca,

On 1 Dec 2014, at 02:37, Chang, Rebecca Swee Fun <rebecca.swee.fun.chang at intel.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your email. We have tested on the supported platforms that we declared in our BSP download page and there is no such issue seen on our side. You can also choose to log a bugzilla ticket if you think you need this issue to be fix. However, since the board you used is not in our supported platform list, we will evaluate first and try our best to help you.

I may have found out how to get round this, but I'm not sure I understand why my change works!

I started off using the kernel command line given in the default image built by the BSP, which includes:

   acpi_enforce_resources=lax video=efifb:off vga=0x318

Dropping these seems to have solved the problem. I've not had a chance yet to see if adding them in one at a time makes the problem come back.