[meta-intel] Regarding inclusion of firmware files in kernel image

Ong, Boon Leong boon.leong.ong at intel.com
Fri Apr 25 09:24:58 PDT 2014

> Currently I am working with valleyisland/baytrail bsp, Could you please let me know the
> Yocto steps to include device firmware files (*.bin) automatically in kernel image.
> So that when the kernel boots up, the device firmware file will reside in /lib/firmware

Hi, please always send in text message into mailing list. It helps us to track the discussion on pipermail.
The short answer is, you can extend the recipe below into the BSP through bbapend file.
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-kernel/linux-firmware/linux-firmware_git.bb

Take a look at an example here..
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-intel-iot-devkit/tree/meta-iot-devkit/recipes-kernel/linux-firmware/linux-firmware_git.bbappend