[meta-intel] Valleyisland graphics in Dora

Keskinarkaus, Teemu Teemu.Keskinarkaus at Maximatecc.com
Thu Apr 3 04:04:13 PDT 2014

Hi,

I noticed that Dora branch has also finally got its Valleyisland support so I downloaded latest Dora-branch of meta-intel and also updated Dora-branch of Poky.

I then rebuild my own image of it and it booted ok. The thing is that when I try to use any gl applications (for example glxinfo or glxgears) I get the following error:

sh-4.2# glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

What am I missing or is there a bug somewhere?

I also have to use Vesa-driver for Xorg and not Intel driver. If I try to use Intel driver it says device not found. Any idea what might cause that? I thought that the Intel driver should support that HW with acceleration? I think Vesa-driver doesn't support acceleration or doe it? The HW I use have beta version of BIOS so could that be the display part of the BIOS is missing some display things or is that bug/configuration issue in software?

I'm running Yocto on E3826 HW.

Teemu Keskinarkaus
Software system engineer

maximatecc - Humans in control

Actuant Corporation Email Notice

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.
This email is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this email is not an intended recipient, you have received this email in error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return mail and permanently delete the copy you received.

Thank you.