[meta-intel] Intel i210 GBe eeprom dump

João Marinho de Castro Assis jassis at cpqd.com.br
Thu Oct 24 10:46:53 PDT 2013

Hi all,

We are developing a base board with an Intel i210 gigabit Ethernet
controller. We are not able to make it work using igb kernel drivers. We
think the issue is due to wrong flash data, as we don't have a sample
"eeprom" to use (this gbe controller does not use a eeprom, but it emulates
a eeprom using a portion of the flash memory).

So anyone with access to an i210 would be kind to send me a dump using
ethtool in linux? This command should work (considering eth0 is your i210
adapter):

# ethtool -e eth0 > eth0.eeprom

Thanks very much!

--