[meta-intel] Yocto Intel Atom N2600/N2800/D2550 Cedartrail

Svancara, Randall rsvancara at wsu.edu
Sun Oct 13 10:48:39 PDT 2013

I am trying to use Yocto to build a version of embedded Linux that can work on an Intel Atom D2550.

I am following  your instructions located here:

https://www.yoctoproject.org/download/intel%C2%AE-atom%E2%84%A2-n2600n2800d2550-wnm10-chipset-cedar-trail-open-source-graphics

I am a little vague on some of the details of the instructions and would appreciate any clarification that may able to provide.

1.  I download the Danny version of the Yocto project here:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/yocto/yocto/yocto-1.3/poky-danny-8.0.1.tar.bz2

2.  Extract the tarball into a directory called /data/YOCTO.

3.  Here is where I am confused.  I use git to clone the following:

git clone git://git.openembedded.org/bitbake
git clone git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core
git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-intel\
wget http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/yocto/yocto-1.3.1/machines/cedartrail/meta-cedartrail-danny-8.0.1.tar.bz2

4. I know have the following directories in /data
/data/bitbake
/data/openembedded-core
/data/meta-intel
/data/YOCTO
/data/meta-cedartrail-danny-8.0.1.tar.bz2

5.  I extract the meta-cedartrail-danny-8.0.1.tar.bz2 file.  I place the meta-cedartrail/meta-cedartrail sub directory into the /data/meta-intel directory.

At this point, I am lost as to where I need to place the bitbake and openembedded directories.  I have tried so many variations of copying directories around and nothing seems to work.  I always end up with errors in the build.  I am using Ubuntu 12.04.

I appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide.

Thanks,