[meta-intel] Crown Bay : EMGD CED, splash screens and Yocto work flow

Chad Bishop Chad.Bishop at ravenind.com
Tue Nov 26 16:32:31 PST 2013

Hello meta-intel team,

I have run into the issue that was summarized here :

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-intel/2013-January/000247.html

> I find that there is no FB device at boot time and hence no splash screen. I will put the
> VESA FB config for emgd based devices back in my commits to restore the splash screen.

> Thanks,
> Nitin

We are trying to prepare a product for market and would like to make the boot process a bit prettier for consumer (farmer) consumption.

No fb0 when EMGD is configured is proving troublesome.  We use EMGD for accelerated OpenGL features.

We have used Intel EMGD CED to configure driver stacks for other Linux distros as well as windows.  We can use it to generate a package that includes a splash screen.

My question to you is twofold :

First, should we be using CED to incorporate the splash screen when using EMGD or is there a prescribed method to do it with Yocto and the meta-intel layer.

Second, if we are to use CED, how do you envision the resulting package being shoehorned into a Yocto build?

Thank you for your time,
Chad Bishop
Raven Industries, Inc.

This message and attachment(s) may contain confidential and/or
privileged information.  Access, disclosure, copying,
distribution
or reliance on any content of this message by anyone other than
the addressee is prohibited.  If received in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.