[meta-intel] Need help: Error: kernel-module-kvm-intel not found in the base feeds (crystalforest_gladden x86_64 noarch any all).

balagopal ambalakkat bambalakkat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 17:21:18 PST 2013

Hello

I am completely new to the yocto environment.

I am building poky-dylan with meta-crystalforest-gladden and
meta-virtualization
I am getting the  following error

*Error: kernel-module-kvm-intel not found in the base feeds
(crystalforest_gladden x86_64 noarch any all).*

I was able to build using "bitbake core-image-minimal" and boot the yocto
using* intel meta-crystalforest-gladden* without meta-virtualization. My
CPU board is based on intel crystal forest gladden/cavecreek platform.

I am building *"bitbake kvm-image-minimal"*

My bblayers.conf is as follows:

# LAYER_CONF_VERSION is increased each time build/conf/bblayers.conf
# changes incompatibly
LCONF_VERSION = "6"

BBPATH = "${TOPDIR}"
BBFILES ?= ""

BBLAYERS ?= " \
 /home/ambalakkat/projects/yocto/git/poky/meta \
 /home/ambalakkat/projects/yocto/git/poky/meta-yocto \
 /home/ambalakkat/projects/yocto/git/poky/meta-yocto-bsp \
 /home/ambalakkat/projects/yocto/git/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \
 /home/ambalakkat/projects/yocto/git/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-networking
\
 /home/ambalakkat/projects/yocto/git/poky/meta-intel \
 /home/ambalakkat/projects/yocto/git/poky/meta-crystalforest-gladden \
 /home/ambalakkat/projects/yocto/git/poky/meta-virtualization \
  "
BBLAYERS_NON_REMOVABLE ?= " \
 /home/ambalakkat/projects/yocto/git/poky/meta \
 /home/ambalakkat/projects/yocto/git/poky/meta-yocto \
 "

How do I resolve this issue?
Any help is appreciated
--