[meta-intel] Antwort: [RMX:#] Re: crownbay build boots, but the screen stays black

Falk Niebuhr niebuhrf at googlemail.com
Fri May 31 00:08:13 PDT 2013

Hi Felix,

with "nomodese" you meant "nomodeset"? This probably won't help you,
because modesetting shouldn't be your problem.

Nitin wanted to know on what hardware you are working, are you using
an eval-board from intel or something like that.

The GMA600 (and GMA500 too) needs a special xorg.conf and its
configuration depends on your hardware (LVDS or SDVo ...). If you are
not using an intel-board, you probably have to create your own
xorg.conf, this you can do with the CED (EMGD Configuration EDitor),
it's a tool from intel, look at the links at the end of this mail.
When you install it, you'll find a user guide in its installation
directory.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intelligent-systems/intel-embedded-media-and-graphics-driver/emgd-for-intel-atom-systems.html
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22382

Falk