[meta-intel] Package busybox has no installation candidate

nesredin mahmud nasmitlinux at gmail.com
Tue May 28 11:47:43 PDT 2013

hello everyone,

I successfully built core-image-minimal from meta-intel/denzil. Now I ve
difficulty of building core-image-sato with busybox problem from the same
environment. In fact i ve busybox and  installed in my ubuntu-12.0.4,
busybox-static:
BusyBox v1.18.5 (Ubuntu 1:1.18.5-1ubuntu4.1) multi-call binary.
Copyright (C) 1998-2009 Erik Andersen, Rob Landley, Denys Vlasenko
and others. Licensed under GPLv2.

I tried to install v1.19.1 busybox for my distribution but...the latest one
supported is the one i have.

can you say anything about this error. I tried reinstalling busybox, it
could help:

dpkg-scanpackages: warning: Package update-rc.d-dbg (filename
./update-rc.d-dbg_0.7-r5_all.deb) is repeat but newer version;
dpkg-scanpackages: warning: used that one and ignored data from
./update-rc.d-dbg_0.7-r4_all.deb!
dpkg-scanpackages: warning: Package update-rc.d-dev (filename
./update-rc.d-dev_0.7-r5_all.deb) is repeat but newer version;
dpkg-scanpackages: warning: used that one and ignored data from
./update-rc.d-dev_0.7-r4_all.deb!
dpkg-scanpackages: info: Wrote 29 entries to output Packages file.
IgERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs (see
/home/swart/yocto/build/tmp/work/sugarbay-poky-linux/core-image-minimal-initramfs-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.27408
for further information)
n file: ./ Release.gpg
Ign file: ./ Release.gpg
Ign file: ./ Release.gpg
Get:1 file: ./ Release [16B]
Ign file: ./ Packages
Get:2 file: ./ Release [14B]
Get:3 file: ./ Release [11B]
Ign file: ./ Packages
Ign file: ./ Packages
Reading package lists...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Package busybox is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package busybox has no installation candidate

Please help, am doing my thesis and am stack!

thank you,

//nas