[meta-intel] Boot failure when using meta-intel and meta-ivi

Felix01 Fischer felix01.fischer at iav.de
Thu Jul 25 02:00:03 PDT 2013

Hi,
I haven written regarding this issues before. So maybe it sounds familiar
:-)

I'm unable to produce a booting image when combining a machine from the
meta-intel layer with "DISTRO ?= "poky-ivi-systemd" from the meta-ivi
layer.
You will find a photograph of my screen attached, but I will describe the
error anyway.

Which error do I get?

When I'm booting my image the machine fails to boot. The relevant
information (IMHO) are the lines:
        /init: line 98: mount: not found
        /init: line 98: mount: not found
        /init: line 98: mount: not found
and
        cat: can't open '/proc/cmdline': No such file or directory
        Waiting for removable media...

When does the error occur?

Every image built with the local.conf options
MACHINE ?= "crownbay"   OR      MACHINE ?= "chiefriver"
AND
DISTRO ?= "poky-ivi-systemd"

failed to boot.

I have tried builds with meta-ivi excalibur (not 100% sure) and foton
releases and the master branch aswell
Similar applies to poky and meta-intel. I tried the danny and dylan
releases and the master branch.

The boot happens from an USB stick on which I dd'ed
"foton-image-$MACHINE-$BUILDDATE.hddimg"

All other builds are booting fine.

Addind "EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURE = "udev-extraconf" did not change this
behauviour.

Building only with meta-intel OR meta-ivi results in a booting image.

So, any ideas?

regards,

Viele Grüße

Felix Fischer

Studentischer Mitarbeiter (VC-D1)
Vehicle Cockpit Electronics Devices

IAV GmbH
Carnotstr. 1
10587 BERLIN
GERMANY

Phone: +49 30 39978-9540
Fax:      +49 30 39978-9411
E-Mail:  <mailto:felix01.fischer at iav.de>
Internet: http://www.iav.com

Sitz/Registered Office: Berlin,
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
Registernummer/Company Registration Number: HRB 21 280,
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Kurt Blumenröder, Michael Schubert,
Dr. Rüdiger Goyk