[meta-intel] [meta-fri] Graphics broken?

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at intel.com
Mon Dec 9 07:09:27 PST 2013

On Sun, 2013-12-08 at 18:22 +0200, Andrei Gherzan wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Andrei Gherzan <andrei at gherzan.ro>
> wrote:
>

>         On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Tom Zanussi
>         <tom.zanussi at intel.com> wrote:
>                 On Thu, 2013-12-05 at 08:01 -0600, Tom Zanussi wrote:
>                 > On Thu, 2013-12-05 at 12:55 +0000, Burton, Ross
>                 wrote:
>                 > > On 5 December 2013 12:51, Andrei Gherzan
>                 <andrei at gherzan.ro> wrote:
>                 > > > Yes. I used that too. Nothing more than:
>                 > > > libva: VA-API version 0.32.1
>                 > > > libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
>                 > > > libva: Trying to
>                 open /usr/lib/dri/emgd_drv_video.so
>                 > > > libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
>                 > > > vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown
>                 libva error),exit
>                 > >
>                 > > Useful. :/   Unless you fancy testing selected
>                 reverts I'm out of
>                 > > ideas, maybe Nitin on Darren have some thoughts.
>                 > >
>                 >
>                 > All the problems you're seeing seem to be due to
>                 using master - I'd
>                 > suggest going back and starting with dylan.  All the
>                 graphics tests
>

>                 Oop, sorry, I meant dora here obviously.
>

>         I was just about to say: "me confused"  :)
>         Ok. I'll check with dora first and try to trace the issue.
>         Thank you.
>

> Just tested dora and all the issues are reproducible there too...

I just tried dora here and am not seeing any problems on my hardware -
video works fine and is accelerated - this was using 'gst-launch
playbin2 file:///xxx.mp4'.

I didn't see any garbage on the serial line either, and was able to
reboot without any problems with ethernet cable plugged in.

For the accelerated video, one thing to check would be that you have
'commercial' in your LICENSE_FLAGS_WHITELIST.  For the other things, I
don't know, but I think there's more than one variant of the fri2
hardware - I'll have to let Darren or someone who knows more about the
fri2 hardware chime in..

Tom