[meta-intel] [meta-fri] Graphics broken?

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at intel.com
Thu Dec 5 06:01:52 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-12-05 at 12:55 +0000, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 5 December 2013 12:51, Andrei Gherzan <andrei at gherzan.ro> wrote:
> > Yes. I used that too. Nothing more than:
> > libva: VA-API version 0.32.1
> > libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
> > libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/emgd_drv_video.so
> > libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
> > vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit
>
> Useful. :/   Unless you fancy testing selected reverts I'm out of
> ideas, maybe Nitin on Darren have some thoughts.

All the problems you're seeing seem to be due to using master - I'd
suggest going back and starting with dylan.  All the graphics tests
worked fine with dora, and video was tested and accelerated as well.

That was all with the emgd-1.18 port to the 3.10 kernel - the OOPs you
mentioned is from emgd but it's just a warning from a longstanding bug
in emgd that became apparent with a change in 3.10 - we're working with
the emgd team to get a correct fix there, but it shouldn't affect the
graphics functionality.

Tom