[meta-intel] Problem Installing Package Manager in FRI2

Esteban Rivera esteban.rc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 20:54:59 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to generate an image for the FRI2 using the official Intel BSP
provided in the Yocto Project website, in this image I want to include at
least one package manager.

I'm Using poky 8.0 with Hob GUI, from the recipes listed that can be
included in the image I can see Dpkg and Zypper package managers, but I
have trouble with both packages.

I'm unable to create the Image whenever Dpkg is included because of the
following error message:

error: Failed dependencies:
 /home/poky-danny-8.0/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/perl-native/perl
is needed by dpkg-1.16.8-r18.0.core2

I get this message even tho the files do exist at the path specified by the
error message.

On the other hand whenever I select Zypper, the image is created correctly
but any zypper commands ends up showing the following error:

zypper: dbconfig.c:493: db3New: Assertion 'dbOpts != ((void *)0) && *db0pts
!= '\0'' failed.
Aborted

I'm I missing something during the Image creation?

Thank You for your time.
--
Esteban Rivera