[meta-freescale] [wpe-webkit] Optimising imx6 performance for HTML5 using Cog + WPE WebKit

Andy Pont andy.pont at sdcsystems.com
Wed Oct 23 05:29:49 PDT 2019

Carlos wrote...

>>  We start the browser with the following command line:
>>
>>  cog --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas=1 appui/index.html
>>

>How the performance compares if you disable accelerated-2d-canvas?
>It gets worse or its the same?
It is the same. I have been testing with http://fabricjs.com//animation
and https://themaninblue.com/experiment/AnimationBenchmark/canvas/ and
in all circumstances I see 10-12fps.

>Usually on the web application side there are different things that can
>be optimized to make it perform better on WPE.
>I think it would be helpful to understand the problem if you can share a
>demo of your web app where the performance problem can be easily reproduced.
The web app is responding to data being sent to it over a websocket
connection from a backend application. I’ll see if we can create
something that doesn’t rely on the websocket interface that can be run
in the browser on its own.

-Andy.