[meta-freescale] meta-freescale Sumo release?

Andrey Zhizhikin andrey.z at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 02:48:07 PDT 2019

Hey Matt,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 9:16 PM Tsai, Matt <matt.tsai at thermofisher.com> wrote:

> I could not find any documentation and announcement for a Sumo release on meta-freescale and Freescale documentation Github.

Freescale Github contains a sumo branch
(https://github.com/Freescale/meta-freescale/tree/sumo), so you should
be able to build off of that. You should also pick up a corresponding
sumo from meta-freescale-distro and meta-freescale-3rdparty.

> Has meta-freescale Sumo ever been released? If yes, where I can find the release documentation? If not, what is the release plan and where the information can be found?

What exact release announcement and documentation you're referring to?
>From what I see, sumo branch is present in all layers necessary to
build the Freescale distro.

Besides, what is your motivation to use the sumo branch? It is already
quite old, and is at least 2 stable branches behind (thud and warrior)
with one more (3.0) underway. Maybe you should consider to switch to
the latest here as I do not believe that sumo has any "release plan"
anymore.

> Thank you in advance!
> Matt

-- andrey