[meta-freescale] Using Qt EGLFS without wayland DISTRO_FEATURES on i.MX8

Diego diego.ml at zoho.com
Thu Oct 10 00:43:32 PDT 2019

Hi Karim,

On 09/10/2019 10:12, Karim ATIKI wrote:
> Hi Diego,
>
> No, this is not a shortcoming, afaik.
> Current iMX8 config does not support, and will not support eglfs.
> Wayland /XWayland is the alternative to use.
>
> And even if your DISTRO_FEATURES contains wayland or xwayland, eglfs
> in PACKAGECONFIG will raise an error during the build.
>
> However, OpenGL ES 1,2 and 3 is still supported by Qt on IMX8.

Thank you for your reply.

I think EGLFS is supported on i.MX8, as Boundary Devices is providing a
Boot2Qt image which uses Qt EGLFS:

https://boundarydevices.com/boot2qt-embedded-qt5-image-and-toolchain-for-nitrogen8m-and-8m-mini/

Also I don't have issues in thud when building qtbase with both wayland
and eglfs in PACKAGECONFIG.

My question is still: is it possible to build qtbase with eglfs but
without wayland in PACKAGECONFIG?

Otherwise I will just use qtbase with eglfs and wayland and not use the
wayland support.

Regards,

Diego