[meta-freescale] MfgTool bsp building using yocto warrior branch

Francesco Palmisano francesco.palmisano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 05:51:07 PDT 2019

Hi all,
I need to update mfgtool bsp for a custom board.
Until now I used the bsp mfgtool builded using the dora branch but now a
new emmc chip is no more compatible with kernel 3.10 mmc driver.

I'm using now the warrior branch and I'm tring to bitbake the recipe
fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs for MACHINE imx6qdlsabresd without any
modifications.

Bitbake give me this error:
You cannot use UBOOT_MACHINE and UBOOT_CONFIG at the same time

If inside the imx6qdlsabresd.conf I remove the following row the build is
executed:
UBOOT_MACHINE ?= "mx6sabresd_defconfig"

With the builded files I've prepared the MfgToolv2 package but when I
launch it the mfgtool kernel was not completely executed because stay stuck
with following message (ever 30s):
No udc Available!

My question are:
-) The machine config fix is right? I think not because in deploy folder I
don't found the u-boot-mfgtool for example.
-) This new yocto branch mfgtool generate files are compatible with
MfgToolv2?

Thanks for support