[meta-freescale] question about ssl 1.1.1 in meta-freescale

Arredondo, Tomas Tomas.Arredondo at thalesesecurity.com
Wed Mar 27 14:02:43 PDT 2019

Hi All,

Apologies if this is a known issue but given that apparently SSL support for 1.0.2 is ending at the end of 2019 and support for 1.1.0 ends even before then, are there any plans to add support for ssl 1.1.1 in meta-freescale layer for any upcoming yocto release(s)?

Thanks a lot,
Tomas

REF:

>From https://www.openssl.org/source/:

Note: The latest stable version is the 1.1.1 series. This is also our Long Term Support (LTS) version, supported until 11th September 2023. Our previous LTS version (1.0.2 series) will continue to be supported until 31st December 2019 (security fixes only during the last year of support). The 1.1.0 series is currently only receiving security fixes and will go out of support on 11th September 2019. All users of 1.0.2 and 1.1.0 are encouraged to upgrade to 1.1.1 as soon as possible.