[meta-freescale] [alsa] do_populate_sdk: No manifest generated from: lib32-alsa-lib

Måns Zigher mans.zigher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 02:00:46 PDT 2019

Hi,

I am trying to build an SDK I suspect the same error would pop up when
building an image. The problem that I am facing is that I need to
include lib32-alsa-lib to my SDK but I am getting the following error

ERROR: strix-sdk-1.0-r0 do_populate_sdk: No manifest generated from:
lib32-alsa-lib in
virtual:multilib:lib32:/home/builder/workdir/layers/poky/meta/recipes-multimedia/alsa/alsa-lib_1.1.5.bb
ERROR: strix-sdk-1.0-r0 do_populate_sdk: Function failed: do_populate_sdk
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/home/builder/workdir/builds/imx8mm/tmp/work/imx8mm-strix-linux/strix-sdk/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sdk.138
ERROR: Task (/home/builder/workdir/layers/meta-strix/meta-strix-common/recipes-core/images/strix-sdk.bb:do_populate_sdk)
failed with exit code '1'

The reason for this is that that PACKAGE_ARCH is overwritten at

meta-freescale/recipes-multimedia/alsa/alsa-lib_%.bbappend:Line 10

PACKAGE_ARCH_imx = "${MACHINE_SOCARCH}"

and that the find_sstate_manifest function in poky

https://github.com/kraj/poky/blob/2b8d484f9623b9e998d642cff44c09dcf4a0b2b8/meta/lib/oe/sstatesig.py#L579

will not look for the manifest named armv7ahf-neon-mx8mm since it is
not part of the list. Do you have any idea how I can solve this? Based
on the code in

https://github.com/kraj/poky/blob/2b8d484f9623b9e998d642cff44c09dcf4a0b2b8/meta/lib/oe/sstatesig.py#L580

It should be possible to add armv7ahf-neon-mx8mm to
PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS but I cannot find how I should do that.

BR
Måns Zigher