[meta-freescale] jumbo frames on QorIQ

Beaman, Thomas Thomas.Beaman at xerox.com
Thu Feb 21 11:43:46 PST 2019

Hello, I am converting from yocto2.3 (pyro branch) to yocto2.6 (thud branch) and I cannot get jumbo frames setup on my QorIQ T2080 system.

I now get the error:  Invalid MTU 9000 requested, hw max 1500

In Yocto 2.3 using the meta-freescale pyro branch I was able to setup the kernel config fragment to enable jumbo frames
CONFIG_FSL_DPAA_ETH_JUMBO_FRAME=y

But In Yocto 2.6 using the meta-freescale thud branch I cannot find such an option or any option for jumbo frames.

Question: what do I need to configure or setup to enable jumbo frames in thud or master branches ?

Regards,
Tom Beaman