[meta-freescale] USB not working with Thud on T4240RDB-64

Lautenschlager (US), David C David.C.Lautenschlager at boeing.com
Thu Feb 14 14:18:09 PST 2019

Hi,

I am unable to get any USB device to work with Thud on T4240RDB-64. USB flash drives work fine when I boot from a Morty image, but don't even show when I use a new built Thud image. After a lot of experiments and no progress, I noticed that the power light on the USB flash drive came on for the Morty image, but not for the Thud image. I decided to try the .dtb file from Morty with the Thud image.
The power light on the USB flash drive now comes on with the Thud image/Morty.dtb, but the devices still only work with the Morty image not the Thud image.

Obviously there is a bug in the .dtb file for Thud. After comparing the .dts files between the two I was surprised at the large number of changes between Morty and Thud. It will be hard to narrow down the relevant change.

Also, I still am unable to use USB on Thud with the T4240RDB. Does anyone have any advice? We really don't want to stick with Morty, but need USB capability.

Thanks,

Dave