[meta-freescale] Cross compiling DPDK example from Yocto eSDK

john matt john.matt2022 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 08:59:27 PST 2019

Hi All,

I am trying to cross-compile Hello World app for DPDK using the Yocto
generated eSDK. I am using the hello world example for DPDK  here (
https://github.com/scylladb/dpdk/tree/master/examples/helloworld), and I
try to cross-compile it.

I am getting an error saying that please define "RTE_SDK" environment
variable. Any suggestions?

PS: My goal is to compile DPDK examples for LS1088-ARDB which is running
Yocto generated Linux QoriQ distro. If there are better ways of developing
applications for DPDK on LS1088-ARDB, please let me know.