[meta-freescale] linux-fslc-lts-4.19

Andy Pont andy.pont at sdcsystems.com
Mon Aug 19 05:18:47 PDT 2019

Bas wrote...

>Ah, I assumed the default to be at the 4.9-2.3.x-imx branch. That one is based upon 4.9.166, which is much more close to the latest upstream.

Now I’m wondering if I have the wrong version of meta-freescale. The
recipes-kernel/linux directory contains the following files:

linux-qoriq_4.19.bb
linux-imx_4.9.123.bb
linux-fslc-lts-4.19.bb
linux-fslc-imx_4.9-1.0.x.bb
linux-qoriq_4.14.bb
linux-imx-headers_4.9.123.bb
linux-fslc-imx-rt_4.1-2.0.x.bb
linux-fslc_5.0.bb
linux-imx-mfgtool_4.9.123.bb

I guess I could use linux-imx_4.9.123 to get me a bit further forward or
bbappend linux-fslc-imx_4.9-1.0.x.bb and pull the latest SRVREV out of
git://github.com/Freescale/linux-fslc.git

>A recent kernel from a longterm branch is probable the best to have. However, I feel that it is mostly important later in the development. Starting with defaults usually gets you going without too much hassle.
>
>For small, short-lived projects, starting with any LTS kernel is fine as long as you get to a recent one before release. With larger and long-living developments, you have to cater for major kernel version jumps anyway.
The default 4.9.67 boots and I have run the initial tests on it
successfully.  I was looking to update it to something that would be a
better long term option if this test exercise turns into a full product
development.

Having built the 4.19.66 kernel with the changed KERNEL_DEVICETREE
setting I now have a compile issue with the Vivante drivers which
appears to come from some DMA related functions having moved header file
somewhere along the way.

-Andy.